Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crash Test-The Cowardly Ballistician
Bladehero22.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e28ukbl26r0tmt...1.ups?dl=0
http://markyjoe.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=767
Normal - Very Hard

I made this thing a while back, though I'm not sure where I'm supposed to put this. I'm assuming it goes in the "Hack Submission" thread. If not, I would ask the main admin to move it to it's proper location.

But anyway, let's cut to the chase.

This is a crash test hack I made.

This is called "The Cowardly Ballistician."

Story: You, the player, are leading a rebellion against the tyrannical Macerian Empire. While at a village, you come across a challenging foe... a ballistician who lacks the courage to fight man to man! How will you proceed?

And... that's it.

Bear in mind, this is a test. I'm testing my skills with event hacking, and level design. I would greatly appreciate feedback, criticism, and/or suggestions on how I can improve this hack, and future hacks, as well.

With that said, download, patch, and enjoy!
I am a writer, and the voice that explains opinions on various things.

Meet a few of my OCs!!!

[Image: Character-Patrick-Roman-495338370] <-Patrick

[Image: Character-Ricia-Deacon-495395554] <-Ricia

Someone forgot to read the instructions before posting.

You'll need to edit your post.

Also, which GBA FE is this for? I tried applying it to FE7 but it didn't do anything.
(12-28-2015, 09:43 PM)MarkyJoe1990 Wrote: Someone forgot to read the instructions before posting.

You'll need to edit your post.

Also, which GBA FE is this for? I tried applying it to FE7 but it didn't do anything.

No, I read them. I'm not sure what exactly I did wrong.

And yes, it's for FE7. It must be a different ROM or something, I'm not sure. Hang on, I'll see if I can get the players another copy of it.

If I can't fix this, I'll ask you to take this thread down.

Meet a few of my OCs!!!

I attempted to play this as well, though NUPS says it doesn't match it. Upon forcing it to patch anyways, it just breaks everything, although I'm not quite sure what I was expecting it to do anyways. So...it's either just the one rom doesn't work, or it's the patch itself. I don't do any hacking, so I'm not sure what it is though.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
OK, I looked into it, and I think I know what the problem is.

Anyone who has downloaded this patch, what kind of ROM are you using? (To clarify, what is your ROM's file size?)

Meet a few of my OCs!!!

For what it's worth, its a 16 MB file. 16,777,216 bytes, more precisely. That's IF windows isn't derping and telling me the wrong things.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
Bladehero, I believe the issue with the top post on this is the fact that you have to have those parameters as the very first thing in the post.
When all else fails...

Doughnuts
(12-29-2015, 03:25 PM)Flamewolf27 Wrote: For what it's worth, its a 16 MB file. 16,777,216 bytes, more precisely. That's IF windows isn't derping and telling me the wrong things.

I see.

I ask this because there are apparently two types of ROMs.

The type that CAN run this patch, and the one that can't. I must have made this hack in the one that can run the patch, but you must have the one that can't run it. I'm not sure. I'll look into it at some point, or maybe one of the more advanced hackers can figure out the problem, I'm not sure.

One thing I know for sure, as I've tested this.

I had two separate FE7 ROMs, and patched one of them, and it, of course, broke. I patched the other one, and it worked just fine. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I assure you, I will make sure you are able to play this, and give me necessary feedback.

Thank you, and please continue being awesome.

Meet a few of my OCs!!!