•  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
The Official "Ask MarkyJoe1990" Thread
Just a recommendation, but watch the Elfen Lied anime before reading the manga.

I'm not sure what's the cause, but the anime stops, like, halfway through the story and instead ends on its own ending (that may or may not be shoehorned, depending on how you view it). imo, the anime ending is OK on its own, but it doesn't hold up well if you've actually read the entire manga.

So to enjoy both, I would recommend you watch the anime first.
This sig will Self-Destruct in 3.... 2.... 1.... Thank you for your time. Cookie?

[Image: Thunders-Sig-1.png]

Img by Ajax

[Image: B4sgQC]

Thanks for the advise, Thunder. Sorry for the late reply. (^_^; )

Mark, since I've been drowning you lately with hypothetical questions, let's go for something related to your likes:

What is your favorite character, from any medium, design-wise? (How s/he looks and her/his personality.)
What do you consider the best designed boss encounter? (I'm talking about the actual fight, not the character.)
[Image: Ra0aehe.png?1]
(07-23-2013, 11:08 PM)Alex Suárez Wrote: Thanks for the advise, Thunder. Sorry for the late reply. (^_^; )

Mark, since I've been drowning you lately with hypothetical questions, let's go for something related to your likes:

What is your favorite character, from any medium, design-wise? (How s/he looks and her/his personality.)
What do you consider the best designed boss encounter? (I'm talking about the actual fight, not the character.)
Design wise...? Oygh... Well Reisen's personality is my favorite, but design wise, there are so many nice designs that exist. Like Mashiro Mito's.

Yeah... I can't answer that one.
(07-23-2013, 11:18 PM)markyjoe1990 Wrote: Design wise...? Oygh... Well Reisen's personality is my favorite, but design wise, there are so many nice designs that exist. Like Mashiro Mito's.

Yeah... I can't answer that one.

Mmm, I see you like long haired moe characters. Interesting.

My favorite character would be Saito Hajime from Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X. A police officer who is willing to go above the law to bring justice to the innocent and punish the corrupted. Badass.

And, he's based on a real life person who acted in the exact same way. How awesome is that?!

[Image: Rurouni_Kenshin_Saito_Hajime_costume_ver_01-1-03.jpg]

[Image: 220px-Realsaitou-2.jpg]

What about the second question?
[Image: Ra0aehe.png?1]
(07-23-2013, 11:45 PM)Alex Suárez Wrote: Mmm, I see you like long haired moe characters. Interesting.
I hate that word. But I won't deny that I tend to lean towards those kinds of characters more.

Best designed boss encounter... missed that one. I have no clue.
Here's something I've been wondering...

Why did you start to make videos on youtube ?

(I didn't see this question in the thread or the FAQ, but It's easy to guess that someone probably already asked you this...)
Never heard of it, never saw it, nothing to say about it.
(07-24-2013, 04:14 PM)MrKuroNyan Wrote: Here's a something I've been wondering...

Why did you start to make videos on youtube ?

(I didn't see this question in the thread or the FAQ, but It's easy to guess that someone probably already asked you this...)
Ooooh~ This is a good question.

Long ago in a far away land known as the old Youtube, I was a young 16 year old boy who was bored. He loved ROM hacking, and he loved Fire Emblem, so he searched for both and came across Fire Emblem, Santuary of Strategy (Or Fire Emblem Universe... or Tactics Universe... fuck, it went through so many name changes.). I found hacking tools for the game and proceeded to make my shitty hack, Super Hard Lyn Mode.

Then I found out how to change the text in the game. This was a lot harder to do than it is now, but I was crazy about it. My friend, Manbreakfast helped me come up with dialogue, and I drew some inspiration from Zeld/7eld/Obviam's text changing test video (I don't think it's available anymore). The result was this.

Then I got into the fighting game engine, MUGEN.

I started watching lots of MUGEN videos, like the ones made by NeoKamek (most of the ones I watched are removed, I believe). I was mostly impressed that he was able to beat so many difficult characters with just Kung Fu Man. However, I noticed absolutely NO ONE had a video of beating the notoriously difficult Evil Ryu (By Reubenkee) with Kung Fu Man. That's where I came in.

I beat the dude, uploaded it, and gained a few fans.

However, this wasn't where I started to see video uploading as an actual pass time. That didn't become the case until I came across Garionfeld, a mugen video maker who heavily edited characters, gave them counter moves, and lots of powerful attacks. He's most known for Dirty Kung Fu Man, which was an edited Evil Kung Fu Man.

He also had a beat down video where he used a ton of finishing moves on Naruto, with lots of different characters. One of them was Akiha Tohno, whom I became instantly attracted to when I saw the move Garionfeld used with her: Her hair turned red and grew longer than her body, and she'd grab the opponent and drain heat from them.

I immediately downloaded the character and started practicing with her. It also helped expand my mind on fighting games in general.

But then... I saw the Garionfeld hated Akiha and all the other characters from Tsukihime/Melty Blood, the series that they all were from.

This pissed me off, so I made a video defeating Dirty Kung Fu Man with Akiha Vermillion, Akiha's demon-like form (Basically, her hair just changes to bright red). Lots of people took notice of the video, including Ampchu, who became my very first online friend.

Garionfeld was upset by the video, and from then on, he was my arch nemesis. I decided to make more videos fighting difficult characters with an assembled team that consisted of numerous characters. However, I mainly used Akiha, Kung Fu man, Misuzu Kamio (Who became my crush after my infatuation with Akiha slowly burned away), aaaaaaand... Reisen! In fact, I started using Reisen before I actually developed feelings for her! The irony is that I told myself I would never develop a crush on her, and that I would always love Misuzu more. Strange how that didn't work out.

So yeah. There ya go. The thing that truly sparked my interest in uploading videos often was a petty dispute. Kind of fitting given my character, isn't it?
(07-24-2013, 05:54 PM)markyjoe1990 Wrote: So yeah. There ya go. The thing that truly sparked my interest in uploading videos often was a petty grudge. Kind of fitting given my character, isn't it?

Well, that was truly interesting. Really fitting your character I think.

But well, is the grudge gone ? And/Or maybe there was another spark that made you want to continue to make videos ? :3
(07-24-2013, 05:59 PM)MrKuroNyan Wrote:
(07-24-2013, 05:54 PM)markyjoe1990 Wrote: So yeah. There ya go. The thing that truly sparked my interest in uploading videos often was a petty grudge. Kind of fitting given my character, isn't it?

Well, that was truly interesting. Really fitting your character I think.

But well, is the grudge gone ? And/Or maybe there was another spark that made you want to continue to make videos ? :3
It took a while for me to just say "fuck it" for Garionfeld. Even though I felt very strongly about it at first, I got older, and I became more interested in getting praise from my fans, and other stuff. That's why I kept uploading.
(07-24-2013, 06:14 PM)markyjoe1990 Wrote: It took a while for me to just say "fuck it" for Garionfeld.

Guess the grudge is gone then, which Is better IMO.

(07-24-2013, 06:14 PM)markyjoe1990 Wrote: I got older, and I became more interested in getting praise from my fans, and other stuff. That's why I kept uploading.

Even though you're bad at receiving praise, right ?
But well, I guess that's legit enough. :3

Err, I guess I have no more interesting question to ask.

•  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next