Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making LP vids?
Video 
I was thinking about making LP videos, but I want to run a test video by the kind users of this forum before I actually commit to making an entire Let's Play. Do you have any tips for a recording setup, commentary, etc.?

I'm not too much in the mood to write up a big thing, but the main thing that comes to mind is that your audio is sub optimal. What mic are you using? And how are you recording game audio?
Hm...I guess I'll have to find a way to improve that.

Actually, I wasn't using a mic at all. I was using the camera's built-in microphone to record both the game audio and my commentary. I'll try tinkering around with things and see if the audio quality can be improved. Thank you for the advice...
How did you record the game footage itself?
(04-03-2015, 01:01 PM)MarkyJoe1990 Wrote: How did you record the game footage itself?

Actually, I recorded that with a camera, too. I just did a lot of adjustments and made sure that it looked as good as possible. I guess the visual quality itself must be good if you couldn't tell it wasn't a capture card.
That's pretty impressive. Though, you should really opt for a capture card and a good mic.
Thank you for the advice on the video quality...I might think about that. But, real quick, what about the commentary? Since that's an important part of an LP, is there something I can do to improve it?
(04-03-2015, 02:18 PM)NovemberJoy Wrote: Thank you for the advice on the video quality...I might think about that. But, real quick, what about the commentary? Since that's an important part of an LP, is there something I can do to improve it?
The video's a random clip from MGS3, so it's hard to gauge how your commentary would be like when you do an actual LP thing.

I didn't really see much wrong with your commentary though. I guess just talk a bit more or something, but I'd need something more substantial to work with if I'm gonna give you feedback on the quality of your commentary.