Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Touhou Character Analysis: Kaguya Houraisan
[Image: Ra0aehe.png?1]
(08-16-2013, 02:49 PM)Alex Suárez Wrote:
Forget it, dude. It's probably too big or something. Don't bother. Please get back on discussion.
You know, Marc... do you think it's possible for you to determine Kaguya's beauty level since she has a lot of fanart apparently? Both generally speaking and relative to the rest of the Touhou girls.
[Image: FwxWGOY.png]
(08-17-2013, 12:54 AM)Ampchu Wrote: You know, Marc... do you think it's possible for you to determine Kaguya's beauty level since she has a lot of fanart apparently? Both generally speaking and relative to the rest of the Touhou girls.
Am I supposed to answer that objectively, or subjectively?

Like... are you asking my personal opinion of who's hottest?
Of course you're gonna say Reisen. :P
As for me, I wouldn't call Keine the hottest Touhou girl.

[Image: ___GASP_by_Dokuro.png]
LE GASP!

Yeah, yeah, I know you guys must be confused now. When I say hottest I mean it in a physical sense. Probably Aya or Yukari would fit better on that aspect.
But!
Overall, I still find Keine more attractive than any other Touhou girl. Reimu comes as a close second.
It doesn't matter anyways, I'm still after real women (with no luck yet (-_-)).
[Image: Ra0aehe.png?1]
Why the hell would we be that surprised about your preference? We barely know anything about you.

... But you're half-wrong about who I think is the hottest Touhou character. While Reisen is there at the top, she shares the spot with a few others.
Mostly your opinion on Kaguya's beauty compared with the rest of the Touhou cast and outside the cast in a more realistic viewpoint of women's beauty. Also, when have I ever brought up Reisen in this thread's context? [Image: knSyh.png]

Also, I think it should be worth noting that Kaguya's power of eternity actually makes a lot of sense and suits her as a Lunarian. The idea of cycle is represented by the moon's phases, which is a non-stop repeating sequence. This can be seen as a symbolism of eternity since a cycle loops repeatedly. Kaguya comes from the moon in which the idea of cycle is one of its representations and magic in the Touhouverse comes from the moon on top of that. When you think about it, ZUN was legitimately on to something when he decided to give Kaguya the power over eternity.

tl;dr: Kaguya has control over a major symbol of the moon.
[Image: FwxWGOY.png]
(08-17-2013, 09:48 PM)Ampchu Wrote: Mostly your opinion on Kaguya's beauty compared with the rest of the Touhou cast and outside the cast in a more realistic viewpoint of women's beauty.
I find myself most attracted to Kaguya and Reisen. They and - for fetish related reasons, Kogasa - are the ones I fantasize most about.

...but Byakuren, Mokou, Eirin, Keine... actually pretty much anyone with especially long hair attracts me.

I'm also attracted to Severa from Fire Emblem 13, Sophia from Fire Emblem 6, Akiha Tohno from Tsukihime, and... well, those are the only ones that immediately come to mind that aren't Touhou.

My physical tastes in real life are essentially the same: Extremely long hair, expressive eyes, and not overweight.

(08-17-2013, 09:48 PM)Ampchu Wrote: Also, when have I ever brought up Reisen in this thread's context? [Image: knSyh.png]
You haven't, and no one implied you did.
Hair design or color doesn't exactly factor in for me (just looking really, REALLY cute works for me), but I tend to notice that a lot of my favorite female fictional characters tend to have blonde hair, Alice Margatroid, Marisa Kirisame, and Mami Tomoe among others.

It's funny, because I find that blondes annoy me in real life. I'm not trying to be stereotypical here, but 70% of the female blondes I've met tend to fit the "dumb blonde" stereotype.
This sig will Self-Destruct in 3.... 2.... 1.... Thank you for your time. Cookie?

[Image: Thunders-Sig-1.png]

Img by Ajax

[Image: B4sgQC]

Hey guys, guess what? I did some research and found out that my analysis isn't completely accurate.

Apparently, when Kaguya was expelled to earth, she was taken care of by an elderly couple who were potentially Lunarian accomplices. I might redo/revise this analysis in the future.