Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Activity / User Appreciation Volume 1
Lately, I've been noticing that the forum users have been posting a lot. It pleases me to see this. It's clear to me that there are quite a few loyal members.

This is also probably the first time I've had a forum that has had such interesting posts and consistency. Most of my other forums either didn't last as long before becoming dead, or just didn't have interesting posts. Usually both.

I wanna build on this momentum and keep this place active, so I've come up with some ideas.

1) Start a Screenshot LP
2) Start a collaboration project. Most likely with either Super Mario World hacking, or Fire Emblem.
3) Posting threads of my latest commentaries. IE: Decay of the Fangs would have it's own topic. Since the forums lack youtube's character limit, more extensive discussion can commence.
4) Start a serious Roleplay in Gensokyo with multiple players (As opposed to my usual "one dude ended up in gensokyo" scenerio that I do only with my close friends).

If you guys have other suggestions, let me know. I'm interested in seeing what you have to say.

I'd also like to show my appreciation towards specific members. Now, take note, I don't read every single topic on this forums, so some members may get more recognition than others simply due to my exposure to them. For one, I notice marks3684 is our highest poster on the board, yet I can't really point out anything I've seen from him recently that I'd comment on.

First, let's start with ThunderCavalier. You're the second most active poster on this forum. Admittedly, a good number of yours posts are in the spam-a-lot section, but I find that when you're not making posts there, you're often times a very outspoken and opinionated member, going into great detail about your opinions, such as your disappointment in the declining quality of the Halo series.

Perhaps this shouldn't be included as an achievement on this forums, since this is more an achievement on le Youtubes, but I have a strong respect for you since you are willing to disagree with my opinions and provide your stance. This shows to me that you see me as a person rather than some untouchable god that a good number of my fans seem to feel. I imagine it takes some boldness to do that considering my polarizing personality.

Next, I'd like to mention Alex Suárez. Before he showed up, my question thread was pretty much getting nowhere. I felt kind of down, since it gave the impression that people just weren't interested in learning about me. When he showed up, he rained me with lots of interesting questions, including one that I'm surprised NO ONE asked; my affection and interpretation towards Reisen. Not only that, but when he initially started posting, I acted like a jerk towards him and he called me out for it. I respect that boldness. People don't usually stand up to admins, much less the people they enjoy watching. So again, I feel Alex sees me as a person rather than an idol. Also, my god, that avatar. <3

Next up, my good ol' buddy, Onryou236. Jesus christ. He posted on this forum to help him get over his aversion towards other people, and the moment he posted his introduction thread, it exploded with activity. Ever since, a large quantity of Onryou's posts have been detailed expressions of opinion, and he's been very active on the Animanga forums, helping to stimulate activity on the boards.

Faze of 1P hasn't been one of the most frequent posters, but most of his threads start with a big post either showing one of his videos, or doing screenshot shenanigans. I consistently read his threads because of their entertainment value. He has an amusing, sarcastic and self-conscious personality that he melds with informativeness. One of his threads addresses the declining quality of community-driven games, particularly Happy Wheels, which is something I think is an important issue in gaming. It's a shame he doesn't get more attention.

I think that's all I have for now. Sorry if I didn't mention others (Like you. Yeah, you). It's not that they're bad members or anything. It's just the ones I listed have stood out to me most. Everyone's been really well behaved on this board, and for that, thank you. I have nothing bad to say about any of you, and I really appreciate the support you've been giving me, video views, posting and otherwise. Who knows? Maybe I'll mention you the next time I do a user appreciation thread.
[Image: iVJKFlgGqsBp9.gif]
Obligatory/Predictable congratulatory post!

Anyway, glad to know that you are generally pleased with the people who visit your forum frequently, especially the ones you mentioned.

I have a suggestion that's similar to your third idea but for the Animanga board. I was thinking about this for awhile now, but basically, I want to make a thread of some anime (preferably a TV series) and discuss it one episode at a time with a bunch of participants. I'm not entirely sure how to narrow suggestions down to one or two, and I doubt a general vote would work considering the low number of members and an even lower number of member activity on said board which brings me to another problem about this: How to get the most number of people in any of these series discussions? Part of this could be solved by picking a series that people can generally pick up on, but I'm stumped as to how. It would be nice if we could pick a series and all agree on it, but this is not likely to work because of preferences.

Well, I have this idea, but whether or not it's coherent, I have no idea. Executing this somewhat successfully will be difficult, but I'm willing to give it a try at some point. I might make a thread later with more information to see if I can catch people's interest.
(07-10-2013, 07:23 PM)Retui Wrote: I have a suggestion that's similar to your third idea but for the Animanga board. I was thinking about this for awhile now, but basically, I want to make a thread of some anime (preferably a TV series) and discuss it one episode at a time with a bunch of participants. I'm not entirely sure how to narrow suggestions down to one or two, and I doubt a general vote would work considering the low number of members and an even lower number of member activity on said board which brings me to another problem about this: How to get the most number of people in any of these series discussions? Part of this could be solved by picking a series that people can generally pick up on, but I'm stumped as to how. It would be nice if we could pick a series and all agree on it, but this is not likely to work because of preferences.
In my opinion, the easiest solution is to pick something that's so bad, it's amusing as all hell.

(07-10-2013, 07:23 PM)Retui Wrote: Well, I have this idea, but whether or not it's coherent, I have no idea. Executing this somewhat successfully will be difficult, but I'm willing to give it a try at some point. I might make a thread later with more information to see if I can catch people's interest.
If it gets far in production, it's more likely that I will promote it and tell people to check it out.
The tears won't stop \(*T▽T*)/
Thank you, Marc, for this post. It's nice to see how much the forum has progressed in the last month. This is a moment to celebrate. Congratulations, everybody!

As for the recommendations you gave...
OMG, WE HAVE TO DO 1) AND 2)!!! Σ(゜ロ゜;)

Ever since I read The Terrible Secret of Animal Crossing and the Godzilla Creepypasta, I've opened a special place for screenshot LPs in my heart (and that sounded weirder than I initially thought).
I recommend we do it based on a hack, because original material tends to be widely known already.

And collaborative projects were one of my main reasons to join the Fire Emblem community (even though I don't know anything about hacking), so I would be delighted to help in any way possible.

Thanks Marc. And thanks, everybody.
[Image: Ra0aehe.png?1]
You're very welcome. Looks like I'm a little late to the party. Who wants cake cookies muffins champagne cantaloupe?!?

In all honesty, though, I'm kind of surprised I even got mentioned. All the other honorary mentions seem that much more significant, and the only real thread in the Animanga forums I've made any posts in currently is the Madoka Magica one (that might change very soon, though). *shrug*

Either way, all I can say to everyone is "thank you" and "good job", if you're all fine with that.. ^^;

Putting that aside, those all sound like great ideas! Can't think of a particular one that jumps out to me, though... Will also get back to you if I happen to think of something fresh.
Thanks for the compliments, Marc

I know I'm not really as active as some people, largely because I have an odd work schedule (I work wednesday to sunday during most of the day, and have just monday and tuesday off for some reason), which makes my free time a tad crowded.

I am splitting a bunch of my free time between Trying to complete Forza 4, going to the gym, and working on my large Youtube side project thing. Also sleep. Sleep is also good.

I would post a pic of that meme that says "Oh stop it you", but I'm too lazy at the moment
Oh yea I should probably update some things

Youtube sidehobby thing: Linky here
[Image: Fazeof1337planet.png]
[Image: faze%20of%201p.jpg]