Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MarkyJoe1990 Bitches about his fans
(08-09-2013, 01:34 AM)markyjoe1990 Wrote: Some of my fans are genuinely dumb. Some of them just like to tease me. ATerraFormer for example asks when my next MUGEN video will be on occasion, even though he knows fully that I don't intend to return.

Oh, sure, there's nothing really wrong with just teasing after all, given that you know the person.

(08-09-2013, 01:34 AM)markyjoe1990 Wrote: I like to believe that trolls are more easily distinguishable than fans because they are less knowledgeable about me. I tend to get more generic comments from trolls as a result.

Could it be an age-related thing too? I'm not sure what the average age of your fans is, but after thinking it over for a moment, it does kind of ring true to me that questions like "what's your favorite game / have you ever played x" usually come from the younger folks. Same goes for asking for more content that bluntly.

(08-09-2013, 01:34 AM)markyjoe1990 Wrote: I... like to believe that anyone is redeemable, and I felt bad because I was pretty mean to him, so I felt I should try to reason things out instead of just refusing to give him the time of day.

Though, at least part of you does agree with me.
"I sometimes wonder why I give these twats the time of day."

That's okay though, your position is the better one here, I just have a quick trigger when it comes to this stuff.
Well, I don't think I fit in any of those traits.

That's good, I s'ppose.
(08-09-2013, 01:34 AM)markyjoe1990 Wrote: I... like to believe that anyone is redeemable, and I felt bad because I was pretty mean to him, so I felt I should try to reason things out instead of just refusing to give him the time of day.

A good way of telling if someone is reasonable on the Internet is to pay attention to their spelling and grammar. His lack of punctuation hints at a rather selfish and conceited attitude, since he's more concerned about getting his thought out there instead of, you know, proofreading them and realizing how exceedingly stupid and disrespectful they're being.

Besides, you have no obligation to answer EVERY question you're given (especially if they're really trivial), nor do you have any obligation to fulfill every demand from fans. We're fans because we enjoy the work that YOU do, not the work that we WANT you to do.

Also, if it isn't EXCEEDINGLY obvious yet, you are a dick, but you're blunt, sincere, honest, and you usually give very valid reasons to why you're a dick to people, which is more than many web celebrities or other online personalities can attest to, who pretend to be these "kind" and "caring" individuals and ban anyone that criticizes their work or voices a dissenting opinion. The fact that we like and respect your work despite the fact that you can blow up in our face if we say something that you really don't agree with should be an achievement in itself, since it shows that we're willing to follow you despite these possible repercussions. Twats like the anon you emailed are the lowest common denominator of the Internet, and like to pretend they wield more power than they realistically do.

And while I do think that sometimes it's best not to "Feed the trolls" or "Have the final word in an argument," these people fascinate me. It's like watching a horrible car pileup or a train wreck: You know you shouldn't be looking, since its distasteful and possibly disrespectful to everyone involved, but it's just fascinating to watch. ... Call me what you will because of that, but I genuinely DO like idiots like this being showcased and given their comeuppance.

So overall, Marc, don't feel bad. Even if you were too hard on the guy, he should've unsubbed in silence... or at least given a response to you as to why he's unsubscribing in a manner that is at least coherent.
This sig will Self-Destruct in 3.... 2.... 1.... Thank you for your time. Cookie?

[Image: Thunders-Sig-1.png]

Img by Ajax

[Image: B4sgQC]

(08-09-2013, 11:37 AM)ThunderCavalier Wrote: A good way of telling if someone is reasonable on the Internet is to pay attention to their spelling and grammar. His lack of punctuation hints at a rather selfish and conceited attitude, since he's more concerned about getting his thought out there instead of, you know, proofreading them and realizing how exceedingly stupid and disrespectful they're being.
That makes sense. I should probably update my website FAQ to have the more stupid and frequent questions so that I can just direct people to that from now on instead of giving them the time 'o day.

(08-09-2013, 11:37 AM)ThunderCavalier Wrote: Besides, you have no obligation to answer EVERY question you're given (especially if they're really trivial), nor do you have any obligation to fulfill every demand from fans. We're fans because we enjoy the work that YOU do, not the work that we WANT you to do.
This reminds me. A few people that I know tend to ask their fans what they want to see ("What game should I play?"), and I think that's god damn retarded. Fans don't usually know what the hell to suggest, so they just suggest anything, and the dude is usually like "I never played that game/It doesn't interest me". I seriously don't understand why they bother asking their fans for shit like that. Fans usually just follow the person regardless of what they do.

(08-09-2013, 11:37 AM)ThunderCavalier Wrote: Also, if it isn't EXCEEDINGLY obvious yet, you are a dick, but you're blunt, sincere, honest, and you usually give very valid reasons to why you're a dick to people, which is more than many web celebrities or other online personalities can attest to, who pretend to be these "kind" and "caring" individuals and ban anyone that criticizes their work or voices a dissenting opinion. The fact that we like and respect your work despite the fact that you can blow up in our face if we say something that you really don't agree with should be an achievement in itself, since it shows that we're willing to follow you despite these possible repercussions. Twats like the anon you emailed are the lowest common denominator of the Internet, and like to pretend they wield more power than they realistically do.
Well. I like to believe that beyond my sincerity, I do a lot for my fans. I just wish I could filter out the braindead followers from the people who are actual fucking human beings.

(08-09-2013, 11:37 AM)ThunderCavalier Wrote: And while I do think that sometimes it's best not to "Feed the trolls" or "Have the final word in an argument," these people fascinate me. It's like watching a horrible car pileup or a train wreck: You know you shouldn't be looking, since its distasteful and possibly disrespectful to everyone involved, but it's just fascinating to watch. ... Call me what you will because of that, but I genuinely DO like idiots like this being showcased and given their comeuppance.
For the record, I've been a troll before. Just look at the shitstorm I caused with my video "The Influence of Hokuto no Ken on a Dinosaur". Also, look at the video "I HATE LUIZPROWER" (Fun fact: I'm one of Luizprower's closest friends). Both blatant troll attempts.

The appeal of trolling, at least for me, comes from two things. One is the satisfaction of getting revenge on the people who piss you off. The other is because you're a depressed, miserable twat who wants to blow off steam.

In the case of the Hokuto video, the people I'm getting revenge on are ignorant fucking fans who don't know shit and the arrogant little shits who say you aren't worth their time, then proceed to continue replying to you. I dealt with a lot of Hokuto No Ken fans who acted like I wasn't worth their time. I - being the trolling genius that I am - pointed out that since they took time out of their day to reply, it confirms that I AM worth their time, and they're just as petty as everyone else. It's much more effective than directly insulting them because it makes you seem more intelligent, while making them feel stupid, encouraging them to reply to cover it up. Sometimes you'll get replies like "I'm just fuckin' with you". Tear apart as you see fit.

Another tactic I use is the exact opposite: Using extremely faulty logic to piss them off. Purposely painting yourself as an ignorant asshole really gets on the nerves of the people who feel strongly about their target of affection. People will go out of their way to correct you when you state things about their show that are wrong.

I don't really make troll videos much anymore though. One is because I'm a partner now, and I think I should show a higher degree of professionalism. Another reason is because I'm not as depressed and miserable as I used to be, and I've become less resentful of my fan base over the years.

(08-09-2013, 11:37 AM)ThunderCavalier Wrote: So overall, Marc, don't feel bad. Even if you were too hard on the guy, he should've unsubbed in silence... or at least given a response to you as to why he's unsubscribing in a manner that is at least coherent.
Some fans don't really know me that well, and others have only recently started watching me, so I feel it's sometimes unfair to act like a prick to them. Though, in hindsight, this guy really didn't deserve my time. =\

I dunno. I guess I wanted to get it off my chest.