Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MarkyJoe1990 Bitches about his fans
(05-10-2013, 09:54 PM)Vansalon Wrote: lolslif-*shot*

My thoughts as well.

I also part of the quiet YT community mainly because I never have anything constructive to say. If I ever do comment I am probably replying to someone who asked a question which I knew the answer to or saying "lol *insert LuLzy thing here*" because LuLz.
"TASTE THE RAINBOW MOTHA****AH" - The Sun
"Hell Yeah!"
[Image: Untitled-15_zps14a9bf67.png]
First, obligatory *gasp* Don't you dare say that about Alice she is perfect and I love her and we will be together forever OK, now that the stupid is out of the way...

I do admit... given my tendency to want to comment on everything, I tend to be the kind of person Marc would probably hate for "meaningless, general praise." The thing is, though, is that sometimes the video is appealing for certain elements that aren't exactly "easy" to explain, or the video itself has this sort of atmosphere that just allows you to leave satisfied. I remember that Marc told me that the Matthew's Nightmare Ragefest, which I said was absolutely amazing, was flawed in many areas and wasn't all that great when looked at objectively. He's not necessarily wrong; the commentary can be dull or downright nonexistent in certain spots, but overall I enjoyed ever facet of the video. It could be that I tend to enjoy just hearing Marc rant, whether it be particularly funny or not.

It could also be that I, admittedly, am one of the few people that DOES happen to enjoy watch other people play video games. I can stare in awe of masterful gameplay, or laugh at stupidity, depending on what happens, and the commentary either acts as the punchline or as a supplement to what I see. I'm not say that Marc's commentary is bad, though; it sometimes sells the video for me.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm very, very easily amused, which leads to my extremely general lines of praise. I'm not being a fanboy; I legitimately do enjoy the videos, but it's hard to nail down particular reasons for why other than, "I watched the video and I didn't feel like I just wasted an hour of my life."
This sig will Self-Destruct in 3.... 2.... 1.... Thank you for your time. Cookie?

[Image: Thunders-Sig-1.png]

Img by Ajax

[Image: B4sgQC]

(05-14-2013, 12:49 AM)ThunderCavalier Wrote: First, obligatory *gasp* Don't you dare say that about Alice she is perfect and I love her and we will be together forever OK, now that the stupid is out of the way...

I do admit... given my tendency to want to comment on everything, I tend to be the kind of person Marc would probably hate for "meaningless, general praise." The thing is, though, is that sometimes the video is appealing for certain elements that aren't exactly "easy" to explain, or the video itself has this sort of atmosphere that just allows you to leave satisfied. I remember that Marc told me that the Matthew's Nightmare Ragefest, which I said was absolutely amazing, was flawed in many areas and wasn't all that great when looked at objectively. He's not necessarily wrong; the commentary can be dull or downright nonexistent in certain spots, but overall I enjoyed ever facet of the video. It could be that I tend to enjoy just hearing Marc rant, whether it be particularly funny or not.

It could also be that I, admittedly, am one of the few people that DOES happen to enjoy watch other people play video games. I can stare in awe of masterful gameplay, or laugh at stupidity, depending on what happens, and the commentary either acts as the punchline or as a supplement to what I see. I'm not say that Marc's commentary is bad, though; it sometimes sells the video for me.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm very, very easily amused, which leads to my extremely general lines of praise. I'm not being a fanboy; I legitimately do enjoy the videos, but it's hard to nail down particular reasons for why other than, "I watched the video and I didn't feel like I just wasted an hour of my life."
I commend you for taking my rant so well. Kind of concerned for the other touhou fan here though. =X

If I remember right, you're still in your teens, so you probably aren't as cynical and critical as I am. That's not a bad thing though. I just... hm...

I guess it just really frustrates me because I like feeling like I'm improving, or can still improve. When people say I'm already good enough at something, it makes me feel like I'll never amount to anything better, like I've reached the capacity of my talent.

I think it's also laziness as well. I don't like spending lots of time editing a video and putting much effort into it, so I tend to assume that if I just polish up what I already have, I can make a pleasurable viewing experience. But that's not really a good way to think, and it sure as hell hasn't helped me appreciate my own videos better.

... I'm also not good at taking compliments. Like... I sometimes actually get really upset just because I don't know how to respond to praise.

Thankfully I'm putting more effort into editing.
I think Marks, our resident Flandre fanboy, is actually a lot more mature than he leads on. He's just kinda playing onto the whole Flandre RPing and <3ing, but I highly doubt he takes it seriously to the point where we should start consulting therapists.

He's probably pretty cool with your rant; don't worry. He doesn't seem like the type to flip out at something this minute, anyway.
This sig will Self-Destruct in 3.... 2.... 1.... Thank you for your time. Cookie?

[Image: Thunders-Sig-1.png]

Img by Ajax

[Image: B4sgQC]

I can totally understand why you hate your fans from time from time, I also for most of the time can't stand that kind of comments whenever I'm reading on Youtube or forums or anything similair.

I remember when I still were that kind of incompetent asshole and never really did anything but annoy people, and sadly in some ways I still do. I don't know why but my brain just says "GO WRITE STUPID COMMENT, EVERYONE WILL LOVE IT" and in some ways I hate myself for that. I try to stay levelheaded but it just flips out from time to time. Just one tough slice of life I guess.

But when it comes to the praising and critizing, I can watch alot of things and think of it as good content even if it considered to be bad by alot of people and in some ways I know that to. I just want to say: Your videos Marc, I love them. There is nothing more that I can say then that. I'm not that one fanboy who just follows you all day but I get happy and (for most of the time) laughing through your videos and in that way, I just want to say "Great job" and I don't really need to say much else. But since you say that you want critisism then I will be free to give you that.

But I think that the people who still post these kinds of comments, don't read the FAQ, just makes bad jokes etc.. are not the biggest followers of you. They probably just watch your videos and don't really care much more, sadly alot of fans are like that. I just think that you need to be more direct to them and not just simply put all this info in the description box in your videos. Make a entire video about this to get the message out to the entire fanbase, there are probably only 20 or 30 people who are gonna read this blog.
(05-17-2013, 03:25 PM)AssassinsDude59 Wrote: I can totally understand why you hate your fans from time from time, I also for most of the time can't stand that kind of comments whenever I'm reading on Youtube or forums or anything similair.

I remember when I still were that kind of incompetent asshole and never really did anything but annoy people, and sadly in some ways I still do. I don't know why but my brain just says "GO WRITE STUPID COMMENT, EVERYONE WILL LOVE IT" and in some ways I hate myself for that. I try to stay levelheaded but it just flips out from time to time. Just one tough slice of life I guess.

But when it comes to the praising and critizing, I can watch alot of things and think of it as good content even if it considered to be bad by alot of people and in some ways I know that to. I just want to say: Your videos Marc, I love them. There is nothing more that I can say then that. I'm not that one fanboy who just follows you all day but I get happy and (for most of the time) laughing through your videos and in that way, I just want to say "Great job" and I don't really need to say much else. But since you say that you want critisism then I will be free to give you that.

But I think that the people who still post these kinds of comments, don't read the FAQ, just makes bad jokes etc.. are not the biggest followers of you. They probably just watch your videos and don't really care much more, sadly alot of fans are like that. I just think that you need to be more direct to them and not just simply put all this info in the description box in your videos. Make a entire video about this to get the message out to the entire fanbase, there are probably only 20 or 30 people who are gonna read this blog.
Even if they didn't read it before posting, I wrote my FAQ so that I can tell people to look at it when they ask a common question. So it's not like that's much of a problem.

As for being more direct? Well, perhaps. I have reservations about doing that at the moment though. I made this blog as a way to expel my demons and talk about stuff that I am passionate about.

I dunno. I feel like this blog, being less exposed than my videos, gives it a more personal essence about it.
I'm the kind of person who hardly posts comments due to not finding the right thing to say. Usually I only comment when I feel it can contribute without it coming out as meaningless.
HA! I've never mutated a STONE before! - Biotech, Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold
[Image: sig.gif]
Hey guys!

Guess what?

I came across one of my "favorite" kinds of fans today!

He made demands of me, spammed the stream with trivial questions like "Have you played X?", and begged me for help while giving me brown nosey compliments. I insulted him for being a braindead, needy, entitled twat and he decided to e-mail me:

Quote:I regret saying every nice thing I said about you mo matter how much you help me you're still a royal asshole I'm a nice person who asks for help when I need it but you are just a fucking dickhead asshole who will be alone forever so just fuck off maby all of your subs that unsubed because you are an asshole to them when they were trying to be nice will resub with a simple aplogy but you won't give one because you are a dick

My reply...?

Quote:Alright dude. Listen.

You're needy and entitled. Even if you ask nicely, that doesn't mean I'm obligated to help you. Your questions are trivial, and your demands are nothing short of inconsiderate egoism. Even despite this, I have given you some help, yet you continue to value my attitude above my generosity. Where would you be if I hadn't linked you to my FAQ to answer your fire emblem hacking question, hm?

You have a stubborn insistence to have your questions answered. If I don't reply to them, you spam the chat with the question, making other fans annoyed with you. Not to mention, your questions are very trivial things such as "Have you played X game?". Those questions aren't worth answering, and I'd rather spend my time answering more interesting questions, and focusing on the game I play.

Additionally, you keep making demands, again, like you're entitled to it. You type in caps "DO A DAILY STREAM", and I'm pretty sure you nagged me about bringing back Ragefest as well, but correct me if I'm wrong. Either way, this is a perfect example of your needy, entitled nature. Not to mention, you type it in a demanding tone (IE: All capitals with a blunt command), which is in and of itself disrespectful. So before you get on my case about how disrespectful and douchey I am, look at the way you act.

This isn't to say that I'm not an asshole. You're right. I am. But I'm an asshole who is sincere, does a lot for his fans (Forums, streams, an entire website to make it easy for them to navigate my library of videos, etc), and answers questions very often, given they are worth answering. That said, I don't bend over for anyone. I only respect my fans if they show me respect. Genuine respect. Not the phoney brown nosing you do. If you don't know what I mean by that, think about the times you begged me for help and followed it up with a compliment like "I love your videos". To me, that feels like you just complimented me because you wanted something in return. It's that fake niceness that makes me resentful, and the way you're acting now confirms it's phoney nature. "Well, being nice didn't work, time to guilt trip him!"

Now. I'm writing this mainly to see if I can at least talk some sense into you, but if you don't listen and heed my advice, I'm just going to leave it at that and our conversation will be over. By the way. Very few fans have unsubbed because I'm a jerk. Most of them understand that it's just who I am.

Good Day.

I sometimes wonder why I give these twats the time of day.
(08-09-2013, 12:58 AM)markyjoe1990 Wrote:
Quote:Now. I'm writing this mainly to see if I can at least talk some sense into you, but if you don't listen and heed my advice, I'm just going to leave it at that and our conversation will be over. By the way. Very few fans have unsubbed because I'm a jerk. Most of them understand that it's just who I am.

Good Day.

I sometimes wonder why I give these twats the time of day.

*softly sighs*

I've been wondering about this in our conversations as well at some points, but it seems that the border between a lot of your fans and trolls is very thin. So thin in fact, that I have a hard time taking the things he said seriously, including the e-mail he sent.

I actually had a hard time reading through your reply to him as well. Not because it was hard or tedious, but because in the back of my mind, I was thinking "why did you even bother responding?".

Then again, you writing that at all should show him that it's not like you just plainly don't care, though whether it'll get through or not--- eh.

Though, to be honest, I would've just blocked him, so perhaps it's just that I have no patience for situations like that.
(08-09-2013, 01:15 AM)Ciel Brightstone Wrote: *softly sighs*

I've been wondering about this in our conversations as well at some points, but it seems that the border between a lot of your fans and trolls is very thin. So thin in fact, that I have a hard time taking the things he said seriously, including the e-mail he sent.
Some of my fans are genuinely dumb. Some of them just like to tease me. ATerraFormer for example asks when my next MUGEN video will be on occasion, even though he knows fully that I don't intend to return.

I like to believe that trolls are more easily distinguishable than fans because they are less knowledgeable about me. I tend to get more generic comments from trolls as a result.

(08-09-2013, 01:15 AM)Ciel Brightstone Wrote: I actually had a hard time reading through your reply to him as well. Not because it was hard or tedious, but because in the back of my mind, I was thinking "why did you even bother responding?".

Then again, you writing that at all should show him that it's not like you just plainly don't care, though whether it'll get through or not--- eh.

Though, to be honest, I would've just blocked him, so perhaps it's just that I have no patience for situations like that.
I... like to believe that anyone is redeemable, and I felt bad because I was pretty mean to him, so I felt I should try to reason things out instead of just refusing to give him the time of day.