Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MarkyJoe1990 Bitches about his fans
This is probably gonna be my most controversial rant on this blog, and I imagine many people are going to get upset or hate me for this, especially since it'll make it seem like I don't appreciate my fans. Let's make one thing clear though. I don't hate any of you. You're all like... annoying brothers and sisters to me, and believe me, some of you are truly annoying. I really do appreciate the attention y'all give me though. Sure, your views help me pay off my college loans, but some of you are genuinely helpful, mature, interesting people whom I can enjoy speaking with. Deep inside, I'm a lonely, passionate guy who's got a lot of hate and resentment that he wears on his exterior because he's fucking tired of bottling it up. A Tsundere, if you will... you fucking weeaboo.

So yeah, what I say is gonna be really offensive, so for the sensitive, please leave now. For the rest of you horrified enough to read on, think of it as an exercise in catharsis and hyperbole. The feelings I convey aren't as intense as I write them.

I've spent A LOT of time trying to bond with my fans and get to know them more, and I find that I can't relate to most of them.

A good sum of them are usually teenagers gushing over some Touhou/Anime/Video Game character, like fucking Flandre Scarlet of all things, and/or constantly act like they're roleplaying. I can't fucking stand that, and I think it's because I've been overexposed to it that I feel this way. I used to have a friend back in my Mugen days who took this way past what I was comfortable with, and I just could never get close to him or anything because there was a huge gap in sensibility between us.

I guess what really bothers me about it is that I find the constantly roleplaying extremely pretentious. And for those of you who constantly gush over your favorite Touhou/Anime/Video Game chick you wanna have sex with: You DO realize your object of affection isn't real, right? She's a bucket 'o pixels. And yeah, I have a fictional crush myself, but I don't constantly mention her. Heck, I bet most of you who haven't read my website FAQ don't even know one thing I know about her except that I use her for sexy Reisen transitions, which is probably the most exposure I give her.

Don't get me wrong. I don't have a problem with people having fictional crushes. We all have specific tastes, and often times a fictional character can help us realize what things we like in the opposite gender (Or... same gender, depending on how you sway). It's when you fucking shove your crush in other people's faces that earns my resentment. And trust me, a lot of you do this.

Sometimes I just don't understand how they could like a certain fictional character either. Seriously, let's go back to Flandre. Even in the NICEST interpretations of her, she is not a very ideal pairing. She's naive, extremely destructive, and an anti-social shut in. You'd probably not be able to relate to her or have a meaningful conversation with her in any way because she's rarely lived her life outside that closest she shuts herself in. However, SOME people like the other interpretation of Flandre, the psychotic one... Yeah, be the husband of a fucking crazy person who is a danger to herself and others. Is that how you want to spend your life, you masochistic freak? And having sex with her...? Even if she LOOKED older, she clearly has the mind of a child, so you'd still be exploiting her given she doesn't destroy you first.

I can't get too mad at people over their excessive crush enthusiasm though. I was once similar, back when I had a crush on Misuzu Kamio from AIR. I didn't roleplay as her constantly like some people I've met roleplay their object of affection, but I did kind of shove her in people's faces, and try to get them to appreciate her the same way I did. Trust me, they aren't gonna appreciate her more if you are constantly bringing her up. In fact, some may actually hate her BECAUSE you bring her up so much.

But those aren't the fans that annoy me most. It's the STUPID ones that make me want to punch a kitten. "HOW DO I PATCH DIS ROM, PLEASE HELP ME I'M BEGGING YOU"

Go fuck yourself, you little shit. Google exists for a reason. Maybe if you learned how to do things on your own instead of constantly asking people to hold your hand, you wouldn't have to wait for me to give you some help, if I even bother to give you any at all. Sometimes I do, but it's usually because it's genuinely difficult to figure out and my FAQ doesn't provide the information you need.

And then there's the people who make a sarcastic comment about something they KNOW annoys the fuck out of me. "Glad yer returning to Mugen, Marc!"... Oh, really? What gave you that idea? Because in the FIRST TEN SECONDS OF THE VIDEO I say specifically that I'm not returning to Mugen at all! Why would you make a comment like that? To piss me off? Well congratulations, because now I'm writing a reply sizing you up as the insipid waste of space that you are!

Oh, and lets not forget the people who - instead of suggesting I play a game - type out a comment as if commanding me to appease them. "BRING BACK RAGEFEST", "PLAY SLENDER".

Why would you ask me to play Slender, a game that is out of my element? Is it because everyone else is playing it, and you're too much of an unoriginal, uncreative piece of swine that you think somehow another generic video of that game will somehow improve your life? How about this: Fuck off.

Actually y'know what? Fuck me as well, because I actually took that request. -_-

There's also a few fans who attack and insult my "competition". Recently MageKnight404 got riffed on, and I actually saw one of my fans leave a comment on the video, insulting MageKnight404. This infuriated me to the point where I actually spoke to him personally and scolded the living shit out of him. That is just... low and mean spirited.

Ah yes, I almost forgot to mention another brand of fan that irritates me. The fans who give me empty, meaningless praise, and can't back it up with anything. They just say I'm funny, or I'm entertaining, without intellectualizing it so that I can understand specifically what I do well. I'm always asking for criticism, and that's mostly because I find criticism is more genuine, but I'll put up with praise as well, but please, for the love of god, back it up. I'm sick and tired of hearing people say "Stop asking for criticism. Your videos are perfect. You just need to upload more often!", because it always feels like they're just jerking me off so they can get more content, regardless of quality.

Maybe it's because I've been so over exposed to my fans that I realize they annoy me a lot. I mean, I don't really have much of the same interests as them. How the hell did I get so many anime fans in my base anyway? I don't dislike anime, in fact I prefer it over watching normal television, but I'm far from being an enthusiast about it either. Perhaps it's because Fire Emblem is anime-like. Probably.

Maybe it's my own fault though. Maybe I'm just such a hateful, introverted individual that I just can't stand people at all. I barely talk to anyone anymore because I just never feel like talking.

Whatever the case is, my conclusion still stands. My fans can be cool, but oh my god, the annoyingness.
I cannot wait for the MUGEN reunion tour!

Seriously though, sounds like your rant was justified. Keep with the perfect videos funny guy!
HOW DO I PATCH DIS ROM, PLEASE HELP ME I'M BEGGING YOU

Yeah, a lot of those are annoying to me as well.

*punches kitten* There you go, I did it for you.

But man, RPing your fictional crushes? That's like waifuism to a new level.
"TASTE THE RAINBOW MOTHA****AH" - The Sun
"Hell Yeah!"
[Image: Untitled-15_zps14a9bf67.png]
How do you feel about your more silent fans that watch your videos but don't really have opinions to give? I'm sure you would rather have them speak their mind as long as it's constructive, but sometimes, fans just want to enjoy the content you put out then always discuss what you can do to improve or what you did well on. A lurker if you will.

Not going to lie, I cringed a bit at how annoyed you are of your fans. I was reading and was hesitantly trying to figure out which of these fan traits I identify most with, but I don't think I fall under any of them except the anime one. I don't think I'm too forward with with my interest, but as one of those anime fans you speak of, I just find it easier to contribute posts to those kind of topics, so forgive me if it's all I talk about.
(05-10-2013, 06:36 PM)Retui Wrote: How do you feel about your more silent fans that watch your videos but don't really have opinions to give? I'm sure you would rather have them speak their mind as long as it's constructive, but sometimes, fans just want to enjoy the content you put out then always discuss what you can do to improve or what you did well on. A lurker if you will.
It's kind of a love hate thing. I wish my fans were more vocal, but at the same time, I have over 3k of them. Having THAT many people talking would be too much to handle, so I guess it's not a bad thing overall. Not everyone is a talker.

(05-10-2013, 06:36 PM)Retui Wrote: Not going to lie, I cringed a bit at how annoyed you are of your fans. I was reading and was hesitantly trying to figure out which of these fan traits I identify most with, but I don't think I fall under any of them except the anime one. I don't think I'm too forward with with my interest, but as one of those anime fans you speak of, I just find it easier to contribute posts to those kind of topics, so forgive me if it's all I talk about.
As far as I can tell, you only bring up anime when it's, y'know, relevant. Like on the animanga board. So no. You don't fall under any of the categories. Just keep doin' your thing, Man.

EDIT: Decided to edit the rant a bit since I realized where you got the misconception that I hate people who love anime. Just so we're clear: I don't hate people who like anime. >_<
Quote:The fans who give me empty, meaningless praise, and can't back it up with anything.
This is the reason why I rarely make comments on YouTube: because I often find myself falling into this and then I look at the comment and think "you know, this is completely empty praise and has nothing of value" and cancel it. If I do make a comment, it's often some kind of joke or parody to make others laugh, and not valuable criticism.

On the bright side, at least you don't have any of THIS kind of person at this particular site yet, right?:
(05-10-2013, 09:14 PM)Sqawl Wrote: On the bright side, at least you don't have any of THIS kind of person at this particular site yet, right?:

I fear for this guy.
(05-10-2013, 09:24 PM)Retui Wrote:
(05-10-2013, 09:14 PM)Sqawl Wrote: On the bright side, at least you don't have any of THIS kind of person at this particular site yet, right?:
I fear for this guy.
He's the definition of naïve. He would be eaten alive by any other community. There's an archetype of new members who come abusing old jokes that they just learned ("COOKIES" "DON'T LOSE YOUR SHADES" "MONEY IS IMPORTANT") and just make everyone else tired. Unfortunately for this situation, the policy of TEB is tolerance.
lolslif-*shot*
I agree with pretty much all of these points. I avoid commenting on youtube for the same reasons as Sqawl, I rarely have anything constructive to say.
[Image: TEB-lucinaBanner1.png]
I never comment on YouTube because I proofread before posting and see one of two things
One: completely pointless
Two: utter dick who has some relavance in what they post but are misconceived

I chuckled a few times reading through the kinds of fans that annoy you, counting my blessings for each one I didn't fall into. I mainly chuckled for the fact that my luck is that I'm an unmentioned type of fan that pissed you off